Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rain Lover Puddle Jumper


SOLD




Rain
Its sound, gift, life
connects with me on a deep level
I want to collect rain in 
beautiful jars
and line them up on 
all the window sills

I spent some time this morning
at the beach
on Shore Lane
in the rain.

"Rain! whose soft architectural hands 
have power to cut stones, 
and chisel to shapes of grandeur the very mountains."
 - Henry Ward Beecher

I remember running down
the streets in my bathing suit
on summer holidays

lazing in bed at the cottage
listening to the drops hit the roof

capturing the rain falling off pine trees
sipping warm rainwater off maple leaves

"Rain is grace; 
rain is the sky descending to the earth; 
without rain, there would be no life."
- John Updike

Don't you love the scent
of the earth after it rains?

storms and clouds

I am a rain lover

"I grew up in this town, my poetry was born between the hill and the river, 
it took its voice from the rain, and like the timber, 
it steeped itself in the forests."
 - Pablo Neruda



Happy Saturday Friends
PFXO